The Association of European Civil Engineering Faculties with the participation of civil engineering faculties from non-European countries was established in 1992 to provide a means of cooperation and transfer of technologies among civil engineering faculties, their research workers, teachers and students, and among civil engineering specialists and institutions from different countries.
The Association has been established as a non-governmnetal, apolitical and non-profit making organization with the Board of Officers and with the Secretariat located in Prague.
The goals of the Association are:
- to establish conditions for close cooperation among civil engineering faculties, their research workers and teachers, among civil engineering specialists and institutions from different countries.
- to contribute to the dissemination and application of the latest civil engineering research and teaching, especially in the finding of improvements to the environment.
- to support the Europe-wide development and spread of new construction technologies.
- to work toward compatibility among the curricula of civil engineering faculties as a starting point for the exchange of students and the mutual acceptance of graduates in civil engineering practice in Europe.
- to work toward the implementation of study and lecture visits to foreign universities by teachers, research workers and students.
The AECEF Newsletter is published bi-annually for the purpose of providing information about activities of the AECEF Board, Secretariat and other news for the AECEF members and other institutes and organisation in the field of civil and environmental engineering education.
The AECEF International Symposiums have been regularly organised since 1995 every two years. The basic idea of these events is to bring together a group of educators and practitioners for a joint discussion on various topics of civil and environmental engineering education and training.
Association yearly dues, payable in January of each year, have been set at 82 EUR for individuals and 115 EUR for Universities.